Setting up a Yealink phone with 3CX
Setting up a Yealink phone with 3CX is a straightforward process that involves some basic configurations on both the phone and the 3CX management console. Below are the general steps to guide you through the setup process:
- A working 3CX Phone System with admin access to the 3CX Management Console.
- A Yealink IP phone compatible with 3CX.
1: Provision the Yealink Phone:
- Connect the Yealink phone to the same network as your 3CX Phone System.
- Identify the IP address of the Yealink phone (you can usually find this in the phone’s settings menu).
- Access the 3CX Management Console using a web browser.
2: Create an Extension in 3CX:
- In the 3CX Management Console, go to “Extensions” and click on “Add Extension.”
- Follow the prompts to create a new extension. Choose the “Generic SIP Phone” as the phone type and select the model that matches your Yealink phone.
- Set the necessary information, such as the extension number, name, and voicemail PIN.
3: Configure the Yealink Phone:
- Open a web browser and enter the IP address of your Yealink phone to access the phone’s web interface.
- Log in with the default username and password (usually admin/admin).
- Navigate to the “Account” or “SIP Account” section.
- Fill in the following details using the information from the extension you created in 3CX:
- Line Active: Enabled
- Label: [Your desired label for the extension]
- Display Name: [The name of the extension or user]
- Register Name: [Extension Number]
- User Name: [Extension Number]
- Password: [The SIP password you set for the extension]
- Server Host: [3CX Server IP address or FQDN]
- Transport: UDP (or TCP if your 3CX is configured for TCP)
- SIP Server Port: 5060
4: Apply Settings and Reboot:
- After entering the configuration details, save the settings on the Yealink phone.
- Reboot the Yealink phone to apply the changes.
5: Check Phone Registration:
- Once the phone has rebooted, check if it’s registered with the 3CX Phone System.
- In the 3CX Management Console, go to the “Phones” section, and you should see the Yealink phone listed as “Connected.”
That’s it! Your Yealink phone should now be set up and registered with the 3CX Phone System. You can make test calls to ensure everything is working correctly.
Please note that the exact steps and menus on the Yealink phone might vary slightly depending on the model and firmware version. Always refer to the official documentation for your specific Yealink phone model for more detailed instructions.